The rising temperature has made it pretty impossible to bear the heat, and because of global warming, sometimes even in winters, we feel the uncomfortable hotness during the day. This is where you start thinking of planning to buy an air conditioner if you don’t happen to have one. But the problem starts when you see all of the varieties of air conditioners, and you are left confused and overwhelmed because you have a hard time picking the right one.
Air conditioners have become a necessity these days. With many ACs being available at affordable cost, people who have the ability to spend can easily buy it. Due to advancement in technology and modernization, we get to see so many variations in the air conditioners. Some provide high energy efficiency and some focus on the instant and better cooling.
Choosing the best air conditioner is important, especially when you have so many options to pick from. To ease your confused mind, here is a curated list of the best air conditioner brands available in India.
Best Air Conditioner Brands in India
Whirlpool is one of the best brands which is known for producing immaculate electrical appliances. The split AC has 1.5 tons of capacity and comes with 6th sense fast cool technology.
With an efficiency rating of 5 stars, the Whirlpool MAGICOOL air conditioner has an in-built stabilizer. The AC can cool the room even at 55 degrees and has an eco-friendly refrigerant. It also has Intellisense inverter technology.
- Value for money
- 6th sense fast cool technology and 100% copper condenser provides instant cooling
- Can self-diagnose problems
- Installation problem
Panasonic is another famous brand in India. The AC comes with a cool twin inverter and has a PM 2.5 filter which helps in removing fine dust and provides you with clean and fresh air.
The jet stream present in the AC ensures maximum airflow length. Panasonic Split AC can cool at 52 degrees. One of the interesting features of this air conditioner is that it has Wi-Fi mode, which means you can operate it with a mobile App.
- The copper condenser provides better cooling.
- Low maintenance
- Improves indoor air quality
- No proper customer support from the company
Carrier inverter split AC comes with an inverter compressor that adjusts power depending on the heat load. The copper condenser coil present in the AC helps with better cooling and proves to be requiring low maintenance.
The PM 2.5 filter helps with filtering out the fine dust hence, improving the quality of the air. R410A refrigerant gas makes sure there is no ozone depletion potential.
- Lowest-noise operation
- Consumes less electricity
- Refrigerant leakage detector
- High ambient working
- The AC filters dust and acts as an air purifier
- Installation issues
Blue Star inverter split AC is loaded with amazing features. The AC has a 5-star energy rating, which means it consumes less electricity. The turbo cooling feature ensures instant cooling, and the AC also has auto-restart with memory function.
This is a great feature for when you face a power cut. The AC provides a wide range of airflow, and you also get to control the airflow direction.
- Self-cleans any dust or moisture
- Self-diagnoses any operational problems
- Produces less noise even at high speed
- A bit on the pricier side
- Installation charges
Toshiba is a Japanese brand who are known for providing high-quality products. The inverter split AC has Aqua Resin coated coil that makes the coil last longer by cleaning itself from all the dust and moisture which tend to settle on it.
This prevents corrosion of the coil and ensures fresh air. It also has an inverter compressor which helps in saving power and making less noise.
- Minimum to no operative noise
- It has a ‘Power Select’ feature, which ensures low energy consumption.
- Copper pipe is not provided
Amazon is quite famous among the online market and is known for providing online products at a reasonable rate. AmazonBasics inverter split AC has a capacity of 1 ton and is suitable for small rooms. The auto-swing mode provides higher airflow volume, which means air reaches all corners of the room.
The higher density filter present in the AC cleans up to 80% of the dust, which makes the air more clean & fresh. Other features of the AC include sleep mode, leakage detection, auto-restart, fireproof electric box, and self-diagnosis.
- Value for money
- Anti-corrosive condenser
- Good build quality
- Low noise levels
- Higher airflow volume
- Customer support issues
Sanyo is a Japanese brand that is under Panasonic. The Sanyo wide split AC has the latest dual inverter compressor which can run at variable speed and consumes less energy by adjusting the power depending on the heat load. The built-in PM 2.5 filter cleans dust and suspended particles and provides clean air.
The AC has a glacier mode which allows 35% higher speed and delivers instant cooling. Other features also include auto-restart, eco function, and self-diagnosis.Another interesting feature of this air conditioner is that it comes with a backlit remote which has a glow-in-the-dark temperature control button which makes it easy to use the remote in the dark.
- Efficient performance
- Provides instant cooling
- Reasonable price
- Remote control issues
- Doesn’t come with a power cord
Hitachi Split AC comes with an inverter compressor that is energy efficient. Since it has a capacity of 1 ton, it is perfect for small rooms. The air conditioner has an energy efficiency rating of 3 stars and an ISEER value of 3.8.
It has an antibacterial coating that prevents rusting and corrosion. The AC also has an air purifier and a dehumidifier. Other than that, Hitachi inverter split AC comes with a reasonable price.
- Unique build
- Low maintenance
- Wide-angle deflector ensures maximum air delivery.
- Temperature is not shown in the display
Voltas split AC comes with a 3-star rating and has a capacity of 1 ton which is pretty good for small rooms. It has an inverter compressor which is energy efficient and ensures stabilizer free operation.
It also comes with a copper condenser coil that provides better and instant cooling with low maintenance.
- Ideal size for small to medium rooms
- Even with 3-star rating, it is still energy efficient.
- Installation charges applied
Lloyd Window AC comes with a 5-star energy rating and has a capacity of 1.5 ton. It is quite economical and can be installed easily. The 100% copper coil present in the window AC is inner grooved, ensures long term durability, and has a high pressure withstanding capability.
The BLDC motor in the air conditioner helps in consuming less power and is efficient than other motors. Lloyd Window AC also has other features like self-diagnosis, clean air filter, and LED display.
- Easy to install
- Low maintenance cost
- Clean air filter
- Strong dehumidifier
- Vertical swing related issues
Buying Guide for Best Air Conditioner Brands in India
Following are the key points which you should consider when you are planning to buy an air conditioner:
- Types of Air Conditioners: Decide on which type of AC you are looking for. There are different types of air conditioner which are available but main ones to choose from is Window AC and Split AC.
- Window AC is installed on the window, and it comes with a combined blower and compressor in it whereas, split AC has two units: the indoor one is wall-mountable in the room, and the outdoor one is mounted outside of the room.
- Other than these two, you will also find Portable AC and Inverter AC.
- Capacity: Choosing the right capacity and size of the air conditioner is pretty important. If the AC is supposed to be installed in a big room, then go for the larger capacity as it will cool down the room quickly. Air conditioners with a smaller capacity will also cool the room, but it will take time to do it.
- Energy Consumption: Don’t overlook this point because the consumers should know how much the AC will be consuming electricity as this factor might help in saving electricity charges for you. In India, electrical appliances are sold with energy efficiency star rating. The ACS with a higher star rating would consume less electricity but would be priced higher.
- Price: Air conditioners were considered to be a luxury some years ago because they were quite expensive and not everybody could afford it. But in recent years, because of the soaring demand, the air conditioner’s price was lowered. Since there are so many brands of air conditioners available in India, you get to see a lot of price variation. Make sure you have a budget in mind and then accordingly search for the right AC at a reasonable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How often it is actually necessary to service the air conditioner?
The idea of servicing the air conditioner is completely subjective and depends upon the condition of the unit as well. Typically, you can always opt for servicing at least once a month. For a complete inspection, it can always be done once in four years.
Make sure to consult with one of the certified HEVC services in order to get the right value for your buck. If you don’t have any budget constrain, you can always opt for serving twice a year as your unit gradually starts to age.
2) Why do I feel that my AC requires more refrigerant every single year?
If your air conditioning unit requires refrigerants on a regular basis, chances are it is leaking and requires immediate repair. Neither less to say, not only your AC will eventually lose its cooling capacity, but at the same time, you also require more energy for the same as well.
So, make sure to get in touch with the service provider, that can make use of all the latest technologies. All the old methods of repairing are time-consuming, not sustainable and at the same time is also going to cost you more.
3) Is it possible for the air conditioner to control the humidity of the room?
Humidity is by far, one of the most important driving factors when it comes to getting the right comfort for your home. Neither less to say, both high and low levels of humidity can always result in poor indoor air quality. Sometimes, it is also one of the huge contributors to airborne diseases or promotes mold growth.
Air conditioners are designed to provide you with a controlled relative humidity of around 40 – 60%. Now, AC is mainly responsible for discarding the humidity passively, that being said, you can also install a humidistat, to make sure whether your system requires further maintenance or not.
This air conditioner buying guide is filled with the necessary information which will help you make the best purchase decision. Go through each point thoroughly to have a better understanding of the product. Follow this guide, and you will have a comparatively easy time shopping for your new AC.
Neither less to say, all the products mentioned within the list are also some of the best you can currently find out there in the market. So, make sure to choose the one that works best for you and resonates with your preference.