You can find the best Split AC for your home/office in this article. Air Conditioners have evolved from being a luxury to being a common household electric appliance. Earlier, mainly offices, hotels used to have air conditioners. However, with the changing market and affordable options, it is easy for everyone to get an air conditioner installed. Air conditioners come in multiple types, and the user needs to buy one as per their room size and type.
Air conditioners should also be purchased being a conscious buyer as few models can prove to be pretty harmful to the environment. If you are someone who is looking forward to buying an air conditioner, here is a list of the top 10 best split AC in India with reviews to make you choose the best one.
Top 10 Best Split AC in India to Buy
The Whirlpool 0.8T Magicool 3S is a split AC with an inverter compressor. The variable-speed compressor is capable of adjusting the power depending on the heat load. It is an energy-efficient air conditioner and is known for its nearly noiseless operation.
It comes with a capacity of 0.8 Ton, which is ideal for small rooms measuring less than or equal to 110 sq ft. In case of a power outage, you need not manually restart it as it is equipped with the auto-restart mechanism. It consumes 520.08 units of energy annually and has an energy rating of 3 stars.
The condenser coil is completely made of copper, which delivers better cooling and needs very low maintenance. This AC has no potential for ozone depletion. The refrigerant gas used is R410A.
- Turbo Cool mechanism
- Cools even in 52 degrees
- Eco friendly
- Costly for the capacity
The Voltas 183EZA is a split AC with a capacity of 1.5 Ton. It is ideal for rooms measuring from 111 sq ft to 150 sq ft. It comes with a 3-star energy rating. The additional features contain LED display, intelligent sleep mode, auto restart, self-diagnosis, and a timer.
The indoor unit has dimensions of 94 cm x 20 cm x 30 cm. The outdoor unit has dimensions of 83.5 cm x 55.5 cm x 29.5 cm. The refrigerant used is R32, which contributes to reduced global warming and ozone depletion potential. The copper coil ensures better cooling.
- Affordable in terms of features
- LED display
- Installation can be a hectic process
This split AC by Amazon has a capacity of 1.5 Ton, and the inverter compressor is equipped with a variable tonnage technology that gives faster cooling. It helps in saving energy and is suitable for rooms measuring less than or equal to 180 sq. ft. It has a high volume for airflow as the auto-swing model delivers efficient and better cooling in every corner.
The copper condenser comes with an anti-corrosive golden fin coating and can survive extreme weather conditions. The features include humidity control, fireproof electric control, leakage detection, etc. The high-density filter cleans almost 80% of the dust and pollen.
- R32 refrigerant
- Low GWP (global warming potential)
- Self-diagnosis mechanism
- No free installation
The Blue Star IC318MATU is a 1.5 Ton split AC with a 3-star rating. It comes with an acoustic jacket for the compressor. The remote has an LCD display with a backlit feature. There is also a night glow function on the remote buttons.
It comes with ‘iFeel’ technology and has the capacity to turbo cool. Bluefin protection is anti-corrosive.
- LCD Display on the remote
- Self-clean technology
- Fuzzy logic feature
- Makes a significant noise
The Daikin Split AC comes with a non-inverter compressor. It has a capacity of 0.8 Ton and is ideal for smaller rooms. It consumes 594 units of energy annually. The copper condenser coil gives better cooling and has relatively low maintenance.
It is stabilizer free and has an Econo mode. It comes with a PM 2.5 Filter. The refrigerant gas R32 is being used for the AC to be environment friendly.
- No ozone depletion potential
- Power chill operation
- Low capacity
The LG Inverter Split AC is a 1.5 Ton air conditioner. It is a convertible 4-in-1 cooling air conditioner. The variable-speed compressor adjusts the power depending on the heat load. It consumes 920.82 units of energy annually. The copper coil condenser comes with black ocean protection, which prevents it from corrosion and rust.
It also increases the durability and cools uninterrupted. The refrigerant gas used is R32 and also has a double filtration system. The additional features include auto-detection for low gas, a smart diagnosis system, auto air swing, and a stabilizer free operation.
- 4-star energy rating
- Auto clean technology
- Can be a bit noisy
The Godrej GIC 18YTC3-WTA is an inverter split AC that comes with an inverter compressor. The compressor is able to act on variable speed, detecting the heat load. It is energy efficient and almost noiseless.
It has a capacity of 1.5 ton and is suitable for medium-sized rooms measuring from 111 sq ft to 150 sq. ft. It consumes 1128.49 units of energy per annum. The ISEER Value stands at 3.53.
- Low maintenance
- Copper condenser coil
- No claims for being eco-friendly
The Carrier 3 Star Split AC comes with a non-inverter compressor. It has a low noise tendency. It has a capacity of 1.5 ton and is suitable for rooms with medium-sized dimensions (111 sq ft to 150 sq ft). It also comes with an intelligent CRF alert.
It consumes 1128.65 units of energy annually. The copper condenser gives better cooling and requires relatively low maintenance. It is also equipped with a PM 2.5 filter for air pollutants. The refrigerant gas R32 is used as it ensures no ozone depletion and low global warming potential.
- Copper coil
- Additional filters
- Low noise
- Has a dehumidifier
- Consumes relatively higher power
The Hitachi 1.5 Ton AC is a split ac that comes with an inverter compressor. It has a capacity of 5 tons. The copper condenser ensures better cooling. The additional features include a fine mesh filter, clean filter indicator, stepless compressor control, super slit fins, tropical design, and eco-friendly refrigerant.
Moreover, it operates stabilizer-free. It consumes 897.84 kWh of energy per annum. You get silent, odor-free, fresh air with the frost-wash and auto-filter cleaning technology.
- Penta sensor
- Tropical design
- Expandable inverter
The Haier HSU 12 C is an inverter split air conditioner with self-clean technology. It has the capability to clean the evaporator in the air conditioner. It has a capacity of 1 ton that is ideal for a small-sized room measuring up to 100 sq. ft. It consumes 732 kWh of energy per annum.
The grooved copper condenser coil is durable, ensures longevity and better cooling. It can withstand extreme temperature, i.e., tackling even 60 degrees. The refrigerant gas used is R32. The indoor unit measures 865 x 200 x 280.
- Self-clean technology
- 100% grooved copper
- Triple inverter
- Long-distance air throw
- A bit costlier
Buying Guide for the best split AC in India
Here are some key factors to consider while buying a split AC:
1) Budget: The split air conditioners can range anywhere, starting from Rs. 15,000 to a few lacs. The price is obviously decided to keep in mind its size, type of compressor, and the additional or general features. If you are planning on buying a split AC for your house or your office, make sure that your budget is predefined. Else, you can end up spending tons without any reason.
2) Type of the Air Conditioner: Air conditioners typically come in 4 types
- Wall-mounted (split ACs): These ACs are the most common and popular types of ACs that you will find in households. These are ideal for small rooms and come with different capacities.
- Tower split ACs (Floor-mounted): This type of AC is used where ACs cannot be mounted on a wall. These are more expensive compared to split ACs.
- Ceiling mounted ACs: These are also known as Cassette type split AC. These are fixed to the walls. They are also known as concealed ACs.
- Multi-Split ACs: These ACs are connected to a single outdoor unit. The multiple indoor units can either be used at the same time or separately. The outdoor unit receives signals from the indoor units and operates accordingly.
Evaluate your needs and availability of resources before buying any kind of AC.
3) Size of the Room: The cooling capacity of the AC is determined by the size of the room. For example, if your room is like a studio apartment, an AC with a 1-ton capacity will do the work. Similarly, if your room is relatively bigger, you might need an AC with a capacity of 2-ton.
4) Noise: Often, the outdoor units of the air conditioners make a significant amount of noise that becomes unbearable. This can be a huge disturbance. Thus, considering an air conditioner with a noiseless outdoor unit is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) For how long can an air conditioner last?
Generally, a decent air conditioner lasts up to six or seven years. However, longevity also depends on the usage and the regular servicing of the appliance.
2) What does the water flowing sound indicate?
The sound of the flowing water is a result of the refrigerant flowing inside the air conditioner. If your air conditioner is subjected to defrost operation, the sound increases significantly.
3) Why does the air conditioner produce a pungent smell?
Usually, the smell of cigarette smoke, furniture, or even a room with a bad odor gets trapped in the indoor unit itself. When the air conditioner is turned on, the smell gets released with cool air. In such a persistent condition, it is advised to get your indoor unit serviced by a mechanic.
4) What do you mean by an “inverter” AC?
Inverter air conditioners are designed to operate as per your needs. Unlike a normal compressor, it has a variable speed which changes according to the heat load. Any temperature fluctuation is tackled easily, and smooth functioning is ensured.
The above article has been put together to help you choose what might be the best choice for you. Make sure to go through the given guidelines for a better understanding of your air conditioning needs. Neither less to say, all the products mentioned within the list are some of the best you can find out there in the market.
So, even if any one of them properly resonates with your preferences, you can always go for it. Further including, our FAQs section is properly curated in such a way to resolve all the common queries.